Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Season 2

Review #13: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Season 2

Even though I was thoroughly confused by the first season of Dirk Gently, which I will begrudgingly admit made more sense the second time through, I recorded the second season. For one thing, I did enjoy some of the characters. For another, I never deleted the timer, so it recorded anyway. However, I watched it of my own volition, and on purpose.

Not much to say, except that it sets up another crazy tale that doesn't seem to make much sense, but comes together in the end when Dirk has to pull it all together. If you go for that sort of thing, this will be right up your alley.

Just about everyone is back for the second season (the living people anyway) and the universe isn't done with them. They all have some destiny to fulfill, both in our world and in a fantasy world, Wendimoor, that looks like it was created by a child, where colorful-looking characters run, and fight, with giant scissors. And their magic bleeds into this reality, along with a man named Panto, who travels here to find Dirk Gently. Dirk, meanwhile, is still a prisoner of Blackwing, which tries to exploit his powers, but they can't force them to work, so he just endures until he is freed and told to "find the boy".

Who's the boy? Well, that would be telling, and they didn't get around to telling me for a long time, so I'm not telling you.

Overall, it was fun, but confusing, like Series 1, only moreso. It might make more sense on a second run-through, but I don't have any plans for that right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like Father

iZombie (Seasons 1 - 4)

Welcome to my newest blog!